- TikTok Analytics overview
- Questions you may ask
- Is Douyin data available on the platform?
- How fresh is the displayed data?
- How is my catalog monetized in TikTok ?
- What is the difference between UGC & PGC?
- Do I analyze UGC or PGC in the TikTok Analytics page?
- I don't see the same number of video creations between Backstage and the TikTok app. How can you explain this gap ?
TikTok Analytics overview
TikTok Monitoring is a Data Music analytics section on Backstage dedicated to analyzing the performance of your tracks on TikTok and the ensuing impact on your streams.
The objective is to answer 2 major questions for artists:
- Is my music performing well on TikTok?
- How does that impact myglobal streaming performance?
Please keep in mind that we receive data on your TikTok performance on D+1, while data on streams is available on D+2.
This new feature consists of 2 pages:
- An overview of your whole catalog’s performances on TikTok
- A focus on a given track you select from the overview
You may also click on this icon for more insights on each page of your TikTok analysis.
Overview of your catalog’s performance on TikTok
At the top of the page, you may filter and restrict the analysis to 7, 28, 90 or 365 days.
These filters instantly update all displayed data and can be modified at any time, on any page.
At the top of the page, you will find:
Your total creations: number of videos created on TikTok which included one of your tracks. A comparison is automatically made with the previous similar period (for example, last 7 days vs. previous 7 days).
Your total views: total number of views on TikTok videos which included one of your tracks. A comparison is automatically made with the previous similar period.
A link to our dedicated documentation to learn all about TikTok marketing and performance.
You will also discover how many of your catalog’s tracks have had creations on TikTok during the selected period.
Note that if you don’t have any track performing on TikTok during the selected period, you will find a page with 3 selected articles that will help you start your journey on TikTok.
- Learn why you should consider TikTok in your marketing strategy
- Discover how to use TikTok as a musician
- Learn how to increase your presence on TikTok
Below your KPIs, you will find a list of all your tracks that have been included in at least in 1 TikTok video over the selected time period. These tracks are ranked by number of TikTok video creations, in descending order. For each track, you will find:
- Number of videos created on TikTok using one of your tracks
- Number of views of TikTok videos which included one of your tracks
- Top 3 territories where TikTok videos that include one of your tracks were created
- Global streams generated by your tracks on all streaming platforms
You may also click on a specific track to access a more detailed view of its performance.
Detailed performance of a track
At the top of the page, you will find a reminder of the KPIs displayed in the global table:
- Number of TikTok videos created using your track
- Number of views of TikTok videos using your track
- Top territories where the most TikTok videos including one of your tracks were created
- Global streams generated by your track on all streaming platforms
Below, you will find a chart allowing you to compare different track metrics over time, based on your selected period in the top right corner:
- Number of TikTok video creations
- Number of TikTok views
- Number of streams on all platforms
This chart will help you better understand the direct correlation between your TikTok general streaming performance and analyze the bridge between these 2 types of music consumption.
You may add or remove filters to help navigate the chart.
Please note that acquired data on streams has a 2-day delay while acquired data on TikTok has a 1-day delay. Therefore, the curves do not end on the same day.
At the bottom of the page, you will find a list of the 50 territories in which your track has most been included in TikTok videos. This will allow you to tailor specific local strategies.
Questions you may ask
Is Douyin data available on the platform?
Yes, Douyin is available in TikTok Analytics.
How fresh is the displayed data?
Acquired data on streams has a 2-day delay while acquired data on TikTok has a 1-day delay. Therefore, the curves do not end on the same day.
How is my catalog monetized in TikTok ?
TikTok monetizes the video creation, not views.
What is the difference between UGC & PGC?
When uploading a song to TikTok, you select a specific extract for that song that will available for users when creating videos through playlists. All videos created with the extract you provided are Playlist-generated content (PGC).
However, a user can choose to use another part of your song. As TikTok fingerprints your whole song, it is able to link the audio of the video to your song. This is User-generated content (UGC).
UGC can represent between 5 to 100% of the content created with your music.
Do I analyze UGC or PGC in the TikTok Analytics page?
In the TikTok app statistics, you will only see the PGC related figures.
In the TikTok analytics page in Backstage, we display a mix both UGC & PGC.
I don't see the same number of video creations between Backstage and the TikTok app. How can you explain this gap ?
The gap can be explained by 2 factors:
- We display PGC & UGC, when the TikTok app only displays PGC;
- The number that you see on the TikTok app is the number of videos that are currently live and public on the platform. This number does not include private or deleted videos. However, the number you see in Backstage is the sum of the number of videos created each day. It can include private videos and videos that have since been deleted.
To learn more about TikTok Analytics, go to Artist Resources on Backstage.