Using Backstage, Artists & Labels can modify any cover artwork of singles or albums that are already live on stores, without having to re-deliver the whole product.
Before you proceed with any change, please keep in mind the "Artwork quality rules" to make sure your new cover is compliant.
To easily change the cover of an album or single, log in to your Backstage account, and open the catalogue manager in the menu on the left-hand side. If you have many releases in your catalogue, you can filter for releases that have been delivered using the "Advanced" options at the top.
- Select the release you want to submit a new artwork for. The release overview will open.
- Click on the cover to update the artwork.
- Upload the new artwork through the asset upload module. Once finished, the new cover is submitted to us.
When you go back to the catalogue manager, you'll see a clock icon next to the cover, indicating the new artwork is being validated. Once the cover is accepted, all stores will get the new cover replacing the old one.
The validation process of the cover is operated in 24 hours (add extra time for the update process on the store side).
Please note that :
- Updating the artworks of a release does not impact satellite products or the artworks of duplicate releases.
- Video releases are not affected by this process