What data can I find in Playlist & charts ?
This tool is designed to help you understand how your tracks are included in playlists and charts, and how well they perform within those.
We display two different types of information:
- the Playlist & chart information (entries, exits, position) that is received daily and that is as fresh as it can be at the moment we receive it and,
- the Audio streams information that is received daily but with information of the day before (Apple music and Deezer) or two days before (Spotify)
How are streams and playlists counted ?
Each time one of your tracks is included into a monitored playlist or chart, we provide you with the number of audio streams generated by this particular track, in that particular playlist or chart. The numbers of tracks and playlists displayed here correspond to unique tracks and unique playlists. Some examples to help you understand:
- If the same track is included in 10 different playlists, then the number of tracks displayed will be 1 and the number of playlists will be 10.
- If 5 different tracks are included in the same playlist, then the number of tracks displayed will be 5 and the number of playlists will be 1.
Note that some playlists may be located to a single country. For instance, there could be a “Top 100 Pop songs” in France and another one in Germany. In this case, each country’s variation will be considered a separate playlist.
Which sources are supported in Playlist & charts ?
The list of stores currently supported is the following: Spotify, Deezer and Apple music.
Which period can I select ?
3 different period are available for analysis : 7 days, 28 days or 90 days. They modify all the data display in the tool, except the top right carrousel.
How are the playlists categorized ?
Each monitored playlist falls into one of three categories:
- Editorial: these playlists are curated by each store’s music specialists
- Edito/Aglo: These playlists are a variation of editorial playlists adapted algorithmically by stores themselves to better accommodate the tastes of each listener
- Charts: These charts are based on listening rankings
How fresh are the data displayed in Playlist & charts ?
Data is refreshed on a daily basis at 9am Paris time.
Since we support and aggregate data from different stores and sources (playlists, charts & streams), we have different time periods that are supported.
One example to help you understand:
We are the 28th of April 2022, you select the defined period of the last 7 days:
- The playlist & chart information will go from 22nd of April to 28th of April
- The audio streams from Deezer & Apple music will go from 21st of April to 27th of April
- The audio streams from Spotify will go from 20th of April to 26th of April
What are the differences between the tabs All, Entries & Exits of the Playlist placements table ?
- Tab “All”: populated with all entries and exits of your tracks in/from monitored playlists over the selected period, ordered by decreasing number of audio streams
- Tab “Entries”: All entries of your tracks in monitored playlists over the selected period, ordered by decreasing entry date (I.e. most recent first)
- Tab “Exits”: All exits of your tracks from monitored playlists over the selected period, ordered by decreasing exit date (I.e. most recent first)