The following article covers the following Frequently Asked Questions on the Promotion Kit and Creatives Editor:
- What's in the Promotion section?
- Where can I find my releases?
- Why do I see duplicates of a same release?
- I don’t like the automatically created assets, how can I change the design?
- How do I create a new asset?
- What are the different elements in the left panel of the Creatives editor?
- How do I edit and download my creative using the Creatives editor?
- What is the “safe area” in the Creatives editor?
- How do I change the background of my creative in the Creatives editor?
- How do I upload and edit a video?
- How do I change the length of my video in the editor?
- My creative download failed, what can I do?
What's in the Promotion section?
Backstage offers Promotion tools to help you communicate on your catalogue. Enter Promotion, select a release, and collect assets we automatically created for you.
For each release, find a smartlink, and creatives to share on social media. Or go through the Campaign tab to view all assets at once.
Where can I find my releases?
The Promotion section is a reflection of your Backstage releases, filtered on digital releases, with a valid release date. If you don’t see a release, try to use the search bar on the top right of the page.
Why do I see duplicates of a same release?
The releases you see in the Promotion section are a reflection of your Backstage catalogue. If you created different products (eg. for store specifics), they will show up here as different releases. Make sure to use the main product, especially if you intend to create a Link, to ensure all stores are taken into account.
What is Promotion kit?
Select a release from the hot releases listing and enter your release space. Here, you can collect the assets automatically created for this release:
- Teaser story
- Teaser post
- Out now story
- Out now post
You can use these assets as they are or edit them to make them look more like you. You can also create new assets if you want.
What does it mean for a release to be sellable or unsellable?
On your release page, you will see a mention “sellable” or “unsellable”. This is a reflection of your release state in our systems. Once a release in sellable, it is ready to be shipped to stores. This is useful if you create a Link, as you might need to wait for the release to be “sellable” to automatically get all store urls.
I don’t like the automatically created assets, how can I change the design?
Preview the creative you want to update, a full-page preview of the creative opens up. In the top right corner, click on “edit” to enter the creative editor. Here you can choose another template or edit any element.
How do I create a new asset?
Select a release from the hot release listing and check the automatically created assets. Click on the (+) icon from the Link space to create a new link, or from the Creatives space to create a new creative. Select “out soon” to create a teasing asset, or “out now” to create post-launch assets. Your selection will impact proposed elements on your creative.
What are the different elements in the left panel of the Creatives editor?
Use the left panel to add and edit elements.
- Design: to view and select a design template
- Media: to upload images videos to use on your creative. For labels, enter elements to the artist or label to find them across all releases of said artist or label.
- Audio: if you entered an audio release, manage it here to select the audio section you want to use
- Text: add and edit texts
How do I edit and download my creative using the Creatives editor?
To edit any existing element on the creative, simply click on it. When an element is selected, the left panel will change to the editing options available for this element.
Use back and forth arrow to undo and redo the last actions.
When you’re done, click on “Download” to export and download your creative. This can take a little while for videos, you can either wait here, or leave and download your creative later. Note that once it has been generated, the next download will be much faster.
What is the “safe area” in the Creatives editor?
Activate the “safe area” display on the bottom left, to show where it’s safe to place elements. For example, Instagram displays elements on the top and bottom of stories, so avoid placing elements or they won’t be readable.
How do I change the background of my creative in the Creatives editor?
Click on the background to change it: select a background color or choose an image or a video.
How do I upload and edit a video?
To upload and edit a video, click on the creative itself to open the “Background” editor. Select “Image or Video” and click on “Select a media”. Select the video from the list of media you imported. When you select the video, you can choose the scale.
How do I change the length of my video in the editor?
If you are creating a video, manage the duration by clicking on the background. Play your video at any time by clicking on the play button.
My creative download failed, what can I do?
It can happen that our system fails and cannot render a creative.
If this happens, you can try to:
- Edit it on the editor and launch a new download
- Wait a little while and try to launch a new download
- If your creative is more than a minute long, try to shorten the duration and launch a new download
- If you have many images and/or video on your creative, try removing some of them to launch a lighter download
If none of this works, you can create a new creative. If this happens again, please contact your usual Believe representative so we can fix the issue.