Promotion section in Backstage
To manage your promotion on Backstage, click on Promotion in the left-hand side menu.
In Promotion, on the top navigation bar, you have three options:
All scheduled releases are displayed in this section. The page is structured according to this structure:
- Hot releases, programmed for the current week
- Out soon releases
- Just released, regarding all the past releases.
By clicking on each release, you can collect the assets automatically created for this release:
- 1 Backstage Links
- 4 Creatives
- Teaser story
- Teaser post
- Out now story
- Out now post
You can use these assets as they are or edit them by clicking on them and entering the editor.
Why do I see duplicates of a same release?
The releases you see in the Promotion section reflect your Backstage catalogue. If you created different products (e.g., for specific stores), they will show up here as different releases. Make sure to use the main product, especially if you intend to create a Link, to ensure all stores are considered.
What does it mean for a release to be sellable or unsellable?
On your release page, you will see a mention “sellable” or “unsellable”. This reflects your release state in our systems. Once a release is sellable, it is ready to be shipped to stores. This is useful if you create a Link, as you might need to wait for the release to be “sellable” to automatically get all store URLs.
Click on “Campaigns” to access Links, Fans and Creatives
- Links – A Smartlink tool, for more info please visit Introduction to Backstage Links
- Creatives – An assets editor tool, for more info please visit the tool FAQ
- Fans – A tool to manage information collected from your fans, such as e-mails and phone numbers.
Click on “Resources” to access Artist Resources.
- Artist Resources – Articles with insights on how to use social, video and streaming platforms to engage with fans. For more information, please visit Introduction to Artist Resources
To access settings (artist settings, links settings and workspace settings), as well as Apple Music for Artists, click on the cogwheel icon in the top right hand side corner of your screen.
Managing Sub-User Access
You can choose which sub-users, on your account, have access to Promotion. To do so, go to the Backstage Homepage. In the top right-hand corner, click on the small icon of a person and select User Access. From there you can select whether a user has access to the promotion section or not.