Apple Spatial Audio
« 3D Audio », or « Spatial Audio » is a new audio format providing the listener with an object-based, immersive spatial audio experience that mimics real-life (equivalent of 13 spatialized speakers representing a sound sphere).
Spatial audio is an important advancement in sound quality and offers fans an immersive experience with true multidimensional sound and clarity.
How to deliver Spatial Audio with Believe
- Contact your account manager and discuss the opportunity to integrate this innovative format into your release strategy
- Create the audio. To make sure the spatial audio using the Dolby Atmos technology will be supported by Apple, you have two options :
- Use Dolby’s suite of music production / mastering tools and create Spatial Audio yourself, using these specifications
- Partner with trained studios or sound engineers specialized in Dolby Atmos mastering
- Send the audio to Believe Support (copy your Account Manager) by making sure to respect the following specificities :
- The Dolby files must be .WAV file
- Your audio shouldn't have more than 50 milli seconds difference between your original track and your Dolby audio track.
- Believe will ensure that your release is delivered to Apple.
How does it work for your fans?
Apple Spatial Audio format allows an immersive listening experience for the fans. With Spatial Audio, the listener can perceive maximum detail and nuance, even with modest equipment. The fullness of the scene provides additional relief and more effective separation of every detail, whether with an Atmos-compatible soundbar, a home theater system, a connected speaker or even stereo headphones.
To know if audio is available on Spatial Audio, they’ll have to check that the two logos below are displayed:
Also, to ensure the best listening experience, Apple provides on its Support site the settings to use and a list of compatible hardware: Mac, Bluetooth headphones, Apple TV and Android devices.
Will this affect my catalog in Backstage?
No, the only change may be seen directly on Apple Music during the listening experience. This will not affect the presence of the artist on any other DSP.
To learn more about Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio see the following documentation :
If you want to learn more information about Apple Spatial audio and some tips on how to create content for this new feature, go to Artist Resources.