Backstage Links Pre-save links empower you to start promoting your music before it’s available to your fans and collect fan data to create and grow the fan base. They’re a great way to drive engagement, gain new followers, and increase streams while building momentum prior to an upcoming release.
Backstage Links allows you, by means of smart links, to collect contact data (email addresses and phone numbers) communicate with your fans and inform them of your news.
These are Personal Data, and as such their use is strictly regulated.
These regulations impose responsibilities on the people who collect and use data for their own benefit (Data Processor in European Union Law), under penalty of important sanctions (and potential bad buzz).
While Backstage Links is designed to make sure that your data collection is compliant with Privacy Laws, you are still responsible for your fan data and how you make use of it.
Learn how to create Smartlinks, promote them and more in Artist Resources on Backstage.
How to manage this database safely
If you have specific questions about personal data, it is important to reach out to your legal counsel.
Your main responsibilities:
- Securing the data: We take care of Backstage Links’ security. But when you export data outside the tool, you need to make sure it is stored securely (on a secure tool, password protected, etc.).
- Keep data confidential
- Use data only for the purpose for which it was collected (to send newsletters)
- Delete the data maximum 3 years after the last proof of interest from fans
- Allow fans to exercise their rights under privacy regulations
Rights of the fan subscribing to your communications
Right to be informed
The first time you use Backstage Links, you are provided with a pre-filled information notice.
All you have to do is fill it with your own information.
Right to access and deletion
Provide an email address or set up a form for the fan to contact you.
Right of access
Respond quickly to fans' requests, by providing a copy of the data in a readable and simple format.
Right to deletion
- Permanently delete all traces of the data within one month, on all your media (Backstage Links, excel files, emailing tools, etc.).
- Ensure that all your recipients/third-party providers also delete the data.
- Confirm to the fan the deletion of data
In case of a data breach
Document and retain all information on the nature of the breach, the people involved, the likely consequences, the actions taken...
As a precaution, contact your legal counsel.
Backstage Links is a service provided by Believe.
However, Believe cannot be considered legal counsel and is not entitled to provide any legal advice. It is your responsibility to ensure that your operations comply with applicable regulations, if necessary by consulting your legal counsel.