The Backlink tool available in your Backstage allows you to launch a promotion tool right after delivering your releases. Here's how to set it up to start promoting your releases:
- Click on "Backlink", located under the "Promotion" tab of your Backstage
Under this tab you will find every product in your catalog that has an UPC indicated. Therefore, the Backlink tool is available for your release if:
- You indicated an UPC when creating your release
- You didn't indicate an UPC, but your release has been validated by our services and we have generated an UPC for you
If your product doesn't have an UPC yet, you will need to wait for the validation before proceeding.
- Select the album from your catalog for which you wish to launch a tool:
Note that below each product from your catalog you will see the following information:
- Release Date
- Status: Pre-Save (if you are setting this prior to the release date) or Backlink (if the release date has already passed)
- Campaign: Active (if your Backlink has been activated) or Inactive (if it hasn't)
IMPORTANT: Please check that your release's key details, such as the release date, artist name & cover art are correctly delivered before setting-up your Backlink campaign. Updates may not be applicable.
- Activate your tool
After selecting your release, you can choose to activate or deactivate your Backlink tool, share your link automatically on your social networks as well as delegate the sharing to the person of your choice.
Here is an example of how the Backlink looks like after setting up a pre-save tool:
Once the fan clicks on "pre-save", they will be prompted to the following pop-in:
If you're encountering any issues with this subject, please contact your Labels & Artists Support team. If you don’t know which support address to use, check the full list here