This article is a part of Believe's Audio Content Guidelines.
Presenting artists and presented artists. A "presenting artist" is introducing a "presented artist". The "presented artist" must always be listed as main artist, whereas the "presenting artist" will be treated according to his actual performance :
- Presenting artist performs alongside a presented artist.
In this case the presenting artist may be listed as the main artist with the presented artist.
- Presenting artist doesn’t perform with a presented artist.
In this case the presenting artist may be indicated only in the release or track version. Do not list non-performing presenting artist in the main artist field. If the presenting relationship does not apply to every track, the non-performing presenting artist should be named only in the track titles.
Featuring artists. Featuring artists must only be listed in the featuring field on track and/or album level. Do not list them in the track version or artist field. Do not use mentions “feat.” or “featuring” in any metadata field to identify a featuring artist.
If a same artist is present on all tracks of a release, list them in the featuring field at album level as well. When multiple featuring artists are present at track/album level, use the Artist's name formatting and spelling rules. Do not use “Various Artists” mention in the featuring field (both track and album level). If different featuring artists are present on tracks, do not list them all at album level.
Remixers. Remixers should be listed in the Remixer field. Do not list remixers in main artist field or featuring field. When listing multiple remixers, apply the same rules as for the artists. Do not use “Various Artists” mention in the remixer field, list all the remixers instead.
Authors and Composers. Full names of authors and composers must be listed in the relevant fields. Stage or band names may be used in these fields if they are registered in Copyright Collecting Societies.
- When listing several different authors or composers, separate them by comas. Do not use any other conjunctive separator.
- When one of the authors or composers has adapted music or translated/adapted lyrics, list only the name of that author or composer.
- Each track must have at least one Composer listed in the Composer field. Each track containing lyrics must have at least one Author indicated in the Author field. For instrumental tracks do not list Authors in the Author field, indicate “Instrumental” as the lyrics language instead.
- All composers that are present on track level should be credited on the album level in the Composer field. If there are 5 or more different composers on the track level, list “Various Composers” at album level instead.
- Do not use “DR”, “RR”, “Rights reserved”,"Various Artists", “Public Domain” mentions in the author and composer fields. The use of “Traditional” or “Anonymous” mention for folk songs is accepted.