This upload method is recommended for massive uploads (catalogs containing more than 100 releases) and it can only be used if your releases were created using the Multiple releases upload via XLS method.
|If the FTP upload is not available to you in your Backstage, request an access to your Label Manager before proceeding.|
You will find your FTP login information as well as the FileZilla software download link in the Upload assets tab of the release creation tool (left corner menu of the Backstage > One release > Upload).
Once you have access to the FTP Upload method, follow the steps below:
- Download the FileZilla software that will give you access to the FTP interface.
- Enter the login information indicated in red in the Upload tab (Host / Username / Password / Port) in the FileZilla app.
- On the right side of the FTP interface, Remote Site, you fill find the folders corresponding to the albums created in your Backstage via the XLS metadata template, all of which have an album ID that can be found in the URL of your album in your Backstage:
Do not rename, add or delete files in the FTP.
- Once the audio files are correctly associated in your FTP, return to the Upload tab of each album in your Backstage and click on Transfer files from FTP.
- You will be able to launch the file transfer of multiple albums simultaneously. A progress bar will appear as soon as the transfer(s) have started, and you will see a message when the transfer is finalized.
- Once all these steps are completed, go to the Submission tab to check the release's information submit your releases.
|Note that this upload method is for audio files only, the cover artwork upload must be done separately, on the Release tab of your release creation page.|