The presentation of the following guidelines is to be fully transparent with you regarding our editorial policy, as our main goal is to serve you the best we can by maximizing your revenues.
These guidelines detail all the checks and corrections that are operated by our Content Management teams to deliver releases that are compliant with stores' guidelines.
To learn more about the path your release goes through in our system, see the Release Life-Cycle.
The main stores have very strict and precise guidelines on what kind of content they accept and how it should be presented. Not abiding by these rules may result in reduced visibility of your content, or even a refusal to host it.
To avoid this, and to help you optimize your revenues, we have put together a synthesis of these rules to apply when you create your release.
These guidelines are organized in the following articles. Otherwise, the document attached compiles all the Guidelines.
- Audio quality rules
- Audio content rules
- Audio legal rules
- Cover Artwork rules
- Explicit content
- Metadata consistency
- Artist’s Name Formatting and Spelling
- Artist’s fields content
- Artist roles
- Artist ID
- Title fields Formatting
- Version fields
- Singles, EPs, One-Track Products
- Re-recorded & remastered version
- Soundtrack version information
- DJ Mixes & remix version information
- Live recording version information
- Karaoke, Tribute, Japanese Orgel, Parody, and Cover version information
- Titles for specific types of tracks
- Genre accuracy
- Genre specificities