In order to improve Jazz releases’ referencing in their platform, iTunes use specific metadata guidelines regarding the credit of each contributing performer. You need to designate the specific role and instrument of each performing artist, as well as indicate every track they’ve performed in.
To support these Guidelines, we create a specific feature in Backstage for Jazz Music release. It allows you to provide the detailed information of each individual role. This improve your catalog's referencing in the Stores.
Create a Jazz Music release
It follows the standard creation process for an audio release with the exception that the tabs "Release" and "Edit Assets" include no information about the release's contributors. Instead, a new "Contributors" tab was created, in which you provide all information relating to the main artists, composers, featurings, etc.
Please note that prior to adding your contributors you must create your release's tracks on the "Edit assets" tab.
Add a contributor
- Click on "Add a Contributor"
- Choose which roles this contributor has performed in this release, specifying the tracks for each role you've attribued to them. Add many roles you want to each contributor.
- Choose the order of appearance of each role of each contributor by using the COMMON_RANKING setting: (1) will make the contributor appear first, (2) will make it appear second…
- In the "Submission" tab, check that you've provided all the needed information for your contributor.
Please note that a few conditions must be fulfilled for us to be able to deliver your Jazz release:
- All tracks must have at least one "Primary artist", one "Composer" and one "Author" (instrumental tracks being the exception for the latter)
- It is mandatory that all featured artists are also listed as "Soloists"
- You must specify the instrument of each Soloist.