Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a ringtone for iTunes in your Backstage using the template "Ringtone for iTunes".
- Click on "One release"
- Click on the "Ringtone for iTunes" on the list of templates for release creation and fill in the name of the release.
- Click on "Create a release" and fill in the general information about the ringtone following the standard rules and guidelines for release metadata.
- Upload your cover artwork (1440 x 1440 pixels, JPEG) using the cover from the audio release that ringtone is created from.
- Upload your audio file of the ringtone via the "New Uploader". Note that you can upload a file with the 30-second part of the full track you wish to use, or you can upload the full track and choose the part you wish to use later in the process.
- Fill out the track information following the standard rules and guidelines for metadata with one exception. If you've uploaded the 30-second part of the track during previous step, set the "Preview start" time at 0.000.
- Complete the process by setting territories and the price and press "Submit" to send ringtone to be validated.