When you create a new release in your Backstage, you should pay special attention to the information you indicate in the Promotion tab. Even though this tab is not mandatory for your release submission, it is highly recommended that you fill it in thoroughly, especially for your key releases.
The information in this tab is not delivered to the platforms, but is used by our teams for eventual promotional pitches to the DMS. If you wish to maximize your release's chances to have a successful pitch, here is some advice on how to correctly fill in the fields of the Promotion tab :
- Write a small description of the release (10 to 15 lines), making sure to indicate the following elements:
- Context of the release (Is the track a part of an album? Track dedicated to the fans? Etc.)
- Artist's history (context + sales history)
- The project's description in a few words.
- Read more about the specific elements you need to deliver us through Backstage.
- Complete the Promotion/Marketing information, paying attention to the following :
- Organize and distinguish the different promo/marketing media strategies by media type (TV, Radio, press, etc.)
- Do not mention specific Music platforms, this information is to be noted on the "context" part of your description.
- Always indicate your artist's social media reach
- Make sure to include any concerts taking place on the year of the release being pitched
- Finally, make sure to send us your release at least 6 weeks prior to the release date
Please note that, even with our team's commitment to deliver the best possible services, we can't guarantee that the pitch will be accepted by the platforms, as every pitch is subject to the editorial discretion of the DMS. However, by thoroughly filling in the information of the Promotion tab you will maximise your chances by making sure we can represent your project as well as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the promotion of your release, please reach out to your Label Manager.