Follow the process described in the following article: How to provide lyrics to Apple Music ?
Spotify & Instagram
To provide the lyrics to these platforms, the rights-holder of the lyrics should sign up for Musixmatch Verified Artist. After this first step, the process to be followed will depend on whether it is a new release or a Back Catalog release.
- The lyrics' rights-holder should submit the lyrics along with timestamp details via the Musixmatch’s Verified Artist process / New Release form in advance to the track’s release date.
- For Priority tracks, if the rights-holder is unable to find the track's lyrics in Musixmatch’s catalog by eod EU time on Saturday after the release day, they should notify Musixmatch via the New Release form/Verified Artists process.
Back catalog (previously released tracks):
- The lyrics' rights-holder should search Musixmatch’s catalog to determine if the track is available.
Good to know: Spotify has a new partnership with Musixmatch: users can now access the feature by clicking on the Lyrics tab at the bottom of their Now Playing screen within the app.
- Lyrics can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word document.
- Please make sure to respect the LyricFind formatting Style Guide
If you're encountering any issues with this subject, please contact your Labels & Artists Support team. If you don’t know which support address to use, check the full list here.