From the feature set-up to the best practices and tips, don’t hesitate to contact your Channel Manager to get the best from Super Chat & Super Stickers.
Please find below some best practices that you can apply if you are planning to activate Super Chat & Super Stickers for your next livestream or Premiere:
- Provide & highlight value to your fans: It’s important you communicate with your fans why they should tune in, what you’re raising money for, and how to use Super Chat. You can do so by promoting on social media before you go live, and also by taking the first couple of minutes of your live stream to inform your fanbase. Let your viewers know what a Super Chat is going to fund. Music videos, studio time, new equipment, support for your band or crew? Viewers want to know how they are supporting you, so it’s even better if you state your goal up front. When you’re using Super Chat with Premieres and aren’t live, respond to Super chat comments and questions directly in the chat by @-tagging the sender.
- Give thanks and show your gratitude: Show appreciation for viewers and Super Chatters through verbal call outs. Look in the camera and shout out your Super Chat senders to make them feel special. For example, “Ali, you’re amazing ... thanks for your Super Chat!” Some creators and artists do Super Chat breaks, thanking all Super Chat senders at once, in order to control the pace of the live stream. When fans feel like they’re getting something in return, fans may be more likely to show support for their favorite artists. Have fun, be spontaneous, and keep experimenting!
- Foster a conversation & answer questions: Use Super Chat to answer audience and viewer questions in the chat. Follow along with the stream and highlight these viewers with on-screen verbal read outs, allowing the viewer to feel both appreciated and a part of the content.
- Experiment with different content types: Super Chat is an option that can thrive on any & every type of content. Past artist live streams include Ask Me Anything dialogue with fans, musical performances where you use Super Chat to take requests, live vlogs and behind-the-scenes access, celebration / landmark videos, and more.
- Always promote live streams : Use Community and social media to promote your Super Chat content before and after you stream. Post reminders or celebrate those who Super Chatted you!
Our Channel Managers are currently running tests and working on case studies in order to share the most up-to-date best practices and tips and provide you with more insights.