To ensure that your releases have an optimal visibility on the DMS, it is essential that your artist picture meets certain criteria.
In addition to ensuring that your photo represents your artistic personality, please make sure that the image respects the following guidelines:
- Image quality: Keep in mind that the image will be viewed from several digital media (website, application, social networks, computer or mobile). Make sure that the image has a sufficient size in pixels that your photo is not blurred on any media. For more details on the format specs of each platform, see this article.
- Contrasting background: In your image, it is best to easily distinguish the subject from the background on which it was photographed. Therefore, we recommend that you make sure there is a contrast between the subject and the background.
- Make it simple. Your image will probably be used on several formats. For this to happen, avoid overly complex action images and prioritize simple, easier-to-use poses.
- Framing: Make sure that the subject is well framed and centralized on the image and prioritize a frame on which the subject is far enough away so that his bust is fully visible.
- Provide the source visual, without any text or special effects on it.
If you want more details on the presentation of your artist photo, you can check out the Spotify article What Makes an Excellent Artist Image or contact your Label & Artists Support Specialist.