Infocards or cards are interactive elements that can be added to any Youtube video. They can promote:
- Videos and Playlists
- Another Youtube channel
- Your official website or merchandising
How do they appear?
On the right side of your videos (symbol)
How to insert them?
- On a computer signed into your account, go to your Video Manager.
- Find the video you want to add cards to and select Edit.
- In the tab bar at the top, select Cards.
- Select Add card and choose what type of card you want.
- Next to the type of card you want to add, select Create.
- If you haven't done so previously, some links, depending on their type, require you to select Enable first to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter the URL to where you want viewers to be linked from the card.
- Upload an image or select one of the suggestions from the site if applicable. Uploads need to be in .jpg, .gif, or .png format and no larger than 5MB. Keep in mind that this image will be cropped to be square.
- If applicable, edit the title, call to action, and any other text (up to 30 characters). You can change the start time for the card teaser in the timeline below the video.
- Select Create card.
If you need to edit your cards in the future, just go to the Cards tab and select Edit next to the card you want to change.
Our advice to optimize your cards
- Think about when you want these cards to pop during the video. A card placed at the beginning could attract the attention of your audience but it would force them to leave the video without watching your content. A merchandising card could interfere less with the spectator because only the most committed ones will follow the link.
- Go to the "Audience retention" section of YouTube Analytics, you will be able to see when visitors lose their attention and when the views begin to drop. Redirecting to a video at this point would catch back the attention of the viewer. It is better that users look at another one of your videos rather they leave your system permanently.
- Be sure to find the right catchphrase to drive viewers to click on the card.
More information here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6140493?hl=en