End screens, engage your audience
End screens can be added in the last 20 seconds of your video (5 sec minimum), which is why they tend to attract a vast audience. They can redirect to:
- Videos or playlists
- Direct subscription to your channel
- Another Youtube channel
- Your official sites
What do they look like?
Our advice to optimize End Screens
- When you create a video, ask yourself: Is there enough time at the end of my video to add end screens without affecting the experience of the viewer?
- Recommend content related to your video, for example, on a live video end screens can be added to a playlist containing all your lives videos. To measure the effectiveness of your end screens you can go in your Analytics.
How to insert the End Screens?
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, click on your account icon Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Video Manager Videos.
- For the video you want to add the end screen to, click on Edit.
- In the top tab bar, click on End screen.
- Click on Add element. You can add up to four elements, and one of them must be a video or playlist.
- Click on Save.
You can preview the element by selecting Preview on the top left of the player. You can always go back and edit the end screen and its elements.
More information here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6388789?hl=en