To upload multiple videos at once in your Backstage, follow these steps:
1. Creating multiple video releases in the Backstage
Start by creating multiple releases using the XLS method. Make sure to download the Video metadata template, and when filling-in the metadata template, take into account the following specificities regarding video upload:
- Territories to deliver: Check what you need to put in the "Territories to Deliver" tab.
- Thematic & YouTube Channels: Click on "See your video Channels resume" in the "Multiple Releases" page of your Backstage to know what you need to put in the corresponding columns.
2. Uploading multiple video files
- Go to the "Catalog" section of your Backstage. All the videos you created via the Metadata Excel will appear there, with the metadata you filled in.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the video of your choice.
- Proceed with the upload using the FTP method.
3. Editing the thumbnail picture
Once all your video files are successfully transferred to the Backstage, the last thing you have to do is add a Video Thumbnail for each video you've uploaded: Go to the "Release information" tab and
- either upload an image from your computer (jpeg, 1280x720 px)
- or select a frame from the video.
4. Submitting the video
Check that all the information entered is accurate, Adjust it if necessary.
To adjust the information, either click on the corresponding tab or on "View details" in the "Submission" tab.
Important: Please fill-in all information as you want it to appear in the various platforms.
Do not put random video titles, descriptions, tags, etc., with the idea of changing it directly on YouTube once the video is published. It can lead to a potential loss of information and metadata in the future.
- Select your video file in the list at the bottom of the page.
- Click on "Submit my release".
Your video has been submitted, this product is now in your catalog. It will be validated by your Channel Manager and sent to your channel on the release date you have requested.