Select the right store artist IDs guarantee to deliver the release on the right expected artist page.
However, you may leave it empty in case the artist does not yet have artist IDs. For any store artist IDs empty, please note that:
- You release could be delivered to the wrong or store artist page, or a new page may be created for your artist, on Apple Music and Spotify.
- Your release may not appear on your YouTube OAC artist channel but on your YouTube Topic channel.
Selecting your contributor and store artist IDs
- Start creating your release as usual
- On the release & track tabs, select your store artist pages on Main Artist and Featuring
- Select the appropriate artist name. Each result gives you information about :
- The artist name
- The artist store picture
- Store artist page links for each store artist ids on Apple Music and Spotify
- Regarding YouTube, you only can manually add your YouTube OAC channel. Please note that the following are not accepted :
- Label YouTube Channels
- Multi artist channels (Duets…)
- YouTube Topic channels
- Vevo or Live channels
- A channel not complying with YouTube community guidelines
- A channel that is not the official channel of the artist but an ancillary channel
- Artists without any art track delivered to their Topic channel
Several use cases are possible:
- If you have previously added an artist with all information, our system automatically detect and pre-fill all necessary information. You have nothing to do.
- If one of our artist doesn’t have store artist IDs, you can launch a search on Spotify or Apple Music to select the ids you need.
- If the results don’t fit with your needs, you can add a new artist and select your store artist IDs or leave them empty to create a new store artist page.
Confirming your artist ID
When submitting your release, you will be asked to check that the Artist ID added is correct in the following pop-up window:
If your Artist ID field is left empty, you will be asked to confirm that you are aware that a new artist page will be created, in the following pop-up window:
Please note that:
- If you leave an artist ID field empty, please be aware that a new artist page could be created. If this is the case, note that you may be prompted to provide the artist's social media information to the Content Ingestion Team.
- If your artist ID was already validated in our system, the field will be pre-filled. In order to modify it you will need to contact us through this form.
- If our system identifies a possible artist ID match but it wasn't yet validated, the field will be pre-filled but you will be able to modify it if necessary. Please check that the artist ID is correct before submitting the release.
See also : How to find your Artist ID