Select the right store artist IDs guarantees to deliver the release on the right expected artist page.
However, you may leave it empty in case the artist does not yet have artist IDs.
For any store artist IDs empty, please note that your release could be delivered to the wrong or store artist page, or a new page may be created for your artist, on Apple Music and Spotify.
Selecting your contributor and store artist IDs
- Start creating your release as usual
- On the release & track tabs, select your store artist pages on Main Artist and Featuring
- Select the appropriate artist name. Each result gives you information about :
- The artist name
- The artist store picture
- Store artist page links for each store artist ids on Apple Music and Spotify
Several use cases are possible:
- If you have previously added an artist with all information, our system automatically detect and pre-fill all necessary information. You have nothing to do.
- If one of our artist doesn’t have store artist IDs, you can launch a search on Spotify or Apple Music to select the ids you need.
- If the results don’t fit with your needs, you can add a new artist and select your store artist IDs or leave them empty to create a new store artist page.
Confirming your artist ID
When submitting your release, you will be asked to check that the Artist ID added is correct in the following pop-up window:
If your Artist ID field is left empty, you will be asked to confirm that you are aware that a new artist page will be created, in the following pop-up window:
Please note that:
- If you leave an artist ID field empty, please be aware that a new artist page could be created. If this is the case, note that you may be prompted to provide the artist's social media information to the Content Ingestion Team.
- If your artist ID was already validated in our system, the field will be pre-filled. In order to modify it you will need to contact us through this form.
- If our system identifies a possible artist ID match but it wasn't yet validated, the field will be pre-filled but you will be able to modify it if necessary. Please check that the artist ID is correct before submitting the release.
See also : How to find your Artist ID
Certifying your YouTube official artist channel
Certifying a YouTube official artist channel allows you to link your music to your video page.
To do so, follow the steps below :
- Start creating and completing your release as usual
- Once the release is ready to be submitted, clik on the "Submit my release" button
- Confirm your Artist Pages
- Enter the id or the URL of your official artist channel
- Please ensure that the ID contains 24 characters. More info here : How to find your Artist ID
- Once your channel is entered, the result gives you information about the channel name, the channel picture and the channel's subscribers number
- Please note that the following are not accepted :
- Label, radio stations or taste-maker Channels
- Multi artists channels (Duets…)
- YouTube Topic channels
- Vevo or Live channels
- A channel not complying with YouTube community guidelines
- A channel that is artist related but not the official channel (for instance, a channel of the Artist Tour…)
- A channel with less than 100 subscribers
- A channel already associated with another contributor
As a YouTube channel represents one artist or one band, you will be able to certify a YouTube official artist channel if both conditions below are satisfied :
- Your release contains only one Primary artist on the Release information tab
- This Primary artist is not already associated with a YouTube channel
Please don't create a YouTube page just for this purpose