Backstage allows you to upload videos and set up metadata to deliver to multiple video platforms.
If you have multiple videos to upload, consider using the FTP video upload method.
To upload individual videos, follow the steps below:
- Click on “One Release” and select the type of video that you want to upload: Music or Entertainment.
- Enter the video description information. Note that some information is mandatory (identifyed with a red star)
- In the Upload section, select your video file and upload it.
- Define the territories where you own the rights on this video and the Release date.
- Review your information and submit the video.
Please note that, if you have set an ISRC root in your Backstage account, you cannot ask Believe to generate an ISRC for one of your releases. If you have any concerns about this, reach out to your Channel Manager.
Authorized video formats
The following video formats are supported by our uploader :
- mxf (including XDCAM MXF).
In order to maximise the distribution of your videos to video platforms (in particular, Facebook and Amazon), it is mandatory to specify a video type on each video. Backstage proposes a selection of video types
For Music Videos
- Premium Music Video: the official music video of an artist audio track
- Static / Visualiser: a static or lightly animated video supporting an artist audio track
- Lyrics Video: a Music video that displays on screen the lyrics of the song in synch with the audio
- Live/concert: music concert footage
- Other Music content: all other videos that do not fit into the above categories (our system will define an accurate video type through automatic analysis of the metadata)
For Entertainment videos
- TV series
- making-of: video illustrating the creation of a track, an album or premium music video
- Backstage: video illustrating the artist and band live aside of a concert or tour
- Trailer: short video promoting the release of a movie
- Other entertainment: all other Entertainment videos that do not fit into the above categories
- News Video: the video type will be 'News'
- Game Video: the video type will be 'Gaming'
The video type information is important to optimise the distribution and monetization of our producer assets.
In particular, it is necessary to check the eligibility to Facebook and Amazon distribution. It will be used also to identify content that need quick review for Content-ID activation.
Note that this information accuracy is important as it impacts the referencing of the videos. Any miss-use of a Video Type from producers could impact the performance of their channel.
Learn more about optimizing your video uploads across your social platforms on Artist Resources.