File size issues
If your video file exceeds 10GB, using FTP upload is mandatory, as such files aren't supported by the uploader.
Using FTP import is a quicker way to upload files on the Backstage, and prevents from video quality loss compared to the uploader. Learn how to upload your videos via FTP.
Ask your video support to give you access to FTP Import.
Sometimes, when a red cross appears in the Encoding column of the Uploader window, you simply need to close the window and reopen it: encoding status will be updated, indicating that encoding is still in progress.
If you've checked this and are sure that the encoding of the video has failed, here are the possible reasons:
- The video format of your file is not supported (see the accepted video formats).
- There is a temporary issue due to a congestion of the flow: Please try again later.
- The video is corrupted. Re-export the video file from your editing software and upload it again on the Backstage
Thumbnail upload issues
If you are encountering issues updating your video's thumbnail, check the following points:
- You may be trying to upload a thumbnail with a wrong format or aspect ratio. Thumbnails must be 1280 x 720 pixels in jpeg format.
- If you want to select an image from the video, upload the video file first and wait for its encoding to be complete.
- Occasionally, the Backstage may encounter a momentary delay. If this is the case, please try again later.
Video tags/description errors
When submitting your video, your release may present errors regarding the video's tags and description.
If the Backstage indicates such errors, you should review them against the following restrictions (that are also detailed in the "question mark" icon next to the "Description" and "Tags" fields):
Restrictions regarding descriptions
- 5,000 characters maximum.
- Forbidden characters: < and >.
Restrictions regarding tags
- 2 tags minimum and 30 tags maximum per release.
- 30 characters maximum per tag.
- Tags shall not include the following characters: « , », (, ) and ".
If you need further assistance, please reach out to your video Support team.
Learn more about optimizing your video uploads across your social platforms on Artist Resources.