If you have decided to upload your catalog via XLS upload, in agreement with your Label Manager, you will need to complete the Excel template that allows you to load the metadata of multiple releases into your Backstage.
If necessary, learn how to upload your releases via the XLS metadata upload method on the following article: Create a release in the Believe Backstage.
Types of templates
Please note there are several different release templates.
Regarding audio releases:
- Album Extended *
- Classical Opera
- Classical Other
Depending on your contract, you will also find:
- Music Video
- Entertainment Video
- News Video
- Gaming Video
* This is a new template in which you are able to fill-in store artist IDs on Apple Music and Spotify.
Filling-in the templates
For tips on filling in-in the metadata templates, follow the indications below.
- Make sure to provide the information to all mandatory fields (in bold)
- Do not leave empty lines in between the different releases.
Respecting the expected field format
- The digital release date must be entered in MM / DD / YYYY format.
- Do not write the production year in the C-Line and P-Line columns.
- The genre must be chosen from the drop-down menu.
Managing territory restrictions
- If you wish to restrict the delivery territories of your release, please indicate it in the column "Territories to deliver" of the excel
- If you wish to deliver worldwide, please leave it blank
- Use the following format: "+WW -XX", replacing the XX by the ISO code of the restricted countries and leaving a space between the values.
- Here is the list of ISO codes managed by BLV
Adding several volumes
- The “CD Number” column indicates the volume number in the album
- If your release has 2 volumes (Double Album), you must indicate “1” for all the tracks of the first volume and “2” for all the tracks of the second volume of the same release
- The album title is enough to distinguish two different albums
Managing the contributors
For “Jazz” & “Album Extended” templates only.
- Make sure to fill-in the second sheet ’Contributors’ of the template, where you must provide all the information for the contributors
- For each contributor you can add 1 to 4 different roles
- You can add a contributor to one or more of the tracks in the album by respecting the following format [Volume_number].[Track_number]. I.e. John Doe is a main artist of 1.1;1.2;1.3 etc.
- If your release is instrumental, make sure to credit at least one artist and one composer per track. If it has lyrics, the track must have an author as well.
Adding store artist IDs
For “Album Extended” template only
- For each contributor, you may add Spotify or Apple Music artist IDs
- Only add the ID of the artist pages, not the entire URL/URI:
- NOT GOOD : https://open.spotify.com/artist/6gK1Uct5FEdaUWRWpU4Cl2
- GOOD : 6gK1Uct5FEdaUWRWpU4Cl2
- In case of wrong artist ID format, our system will automatically delete the information, and you may need to re-add the id in the Backstage before submitting your release
For any advice regarding store artist IDs management, please learn how to find Spotify or Apple Music artist IDs.