Firstly, go to the “Upload assets” tab of your release creation page.
Along with your Label Manager, and according to the size of the catalogue you plan on ingesting, you may decide to use one of the two options:
- The new uploader: Start by clicking on “Click here to launch the uploader” and then on “Add files”. If your upload is successful you will see three green check marks appear next to your track (Upload / Check / Encoding).
- The FTP: Firstly, you will need to ask your Support Team to open the access to this type of upload. You must then download the “Filezilla” software that will give you access to the FTP interface, and complete the following steps:
- Enter the information indicated in red: Host / Username / Password / Port.
- On the right side of your FTP account, “Remote Site”, you fill find the folders corresponding to the albums created in your Backstage via the Excel template, all of which have an album ID that can be found in the URL of your album in your Backstage. It is crucial that you do not rename, add or delete files in the FTP.
- You can now go to the left side of your FTP account, “Local site”, search for the albums’ audio files in your computer and slide them into the corresponding album folder in the right section of your FTP.
- Once the audio files are correctly associated in your FTP, you may return to the “Upload assets” tab of each album in your Backstage and click on “Transfer files from FTP”. You will be able to launch the file transfer of multiple albums at the same time. A progress bar will appear as soon as the transfer(s) have started, and you will see a message when the transfer is finalized.
The cover upload must be done separately, on the “Release” tab of your release creation page.